Blair County Christian School has offered a well-balanced, Christian education in grades K-3 through 12th grade for over 30 years.
Our school is committed to academic excellence, and we teach our students to strive for their personal best in everything they do. During its founding, BCCS adopted the phrase “…that in all things He might have the preeminence.” from Colossians 1:18 as its motivating theme. We emphasize God’s power and involvement in every aspect and subject of life.
Traditional classroom settings and small class sizes enable our teachers to give each child the attention they deserve. Students study different aspects of God’s Word and Bible doctrines in daily Bible classes, and Christian textbooks allow our students to be shielded from a humanistic world view.
We are proud of the academic education offered here at BCCS, and we thank God for the freedom to teach Bible principles every day in our school.
Here are some interesting facts about the education at Blair County Christian School:
- Every day begins with prayer and Bible reading.
- The Bible is treated as God’s holy, inerrant Word and is weaved into every subject.
- High standards regarding conduct and academics are administered with a proper balance of discipline and love.
- BCCS students consistently score above the national average on standardized tests.
- We use only Christian textbooks and curriculum from A Beka Book.
- Our dedicated teachers feel they are called by God to minister to your child, and they care about every aspect of your child’s life.
- Specialized teaching and tutoring programs are available for students requiring additional assistance.
- BCCS is an active member of the Keystone Christian Education Association–a state-wide association committed to the advancement of Christian schools in Pennsylvania.